filling Dampp-Chasers

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:57:44 -0500

>Mark, fortunately I don't have to deal with refilling on a routine basis.

Me too, and rather like it.

>However, while reading the intro portion of Fred's message, I thought he
>was about to suggest filling the inner tube with water, even to the point
>of bursting, then slinging it over his shoulder like a bandellero, bandi,
>uh, across-the-chest cartridge sling. When empty -- fold it up, store it away.

Me too, and rather liked it.

>Since the story didn't end that way, that made me think of the
>hiker/bicycler hydrator packpacks that seem to be growing in popularity.
>Dunno about how much water they'll hold, though.

How about a big beer keg with a pump on a two wheeler? A few hazardous
materials warning stickers on the keg will clear a wide path in the halls
with minimal effort, but the shape will tend to accumulate an entourage
behind. Just as well get some entertainment out of an otherwise unpleasant job.

Ron N