filling Dampp-Chasers

Jim Harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:42:54 -0400

At 07:01 PM 8/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
><snip>
>Anyone progress with ideas for porting the water from room to room?
>
>Until Otto divulges the authentic "fire-fighters nickname" for the back-pack
>unit he described in Dallas, we're doomed to toting a 10 gallon garbage can
>up and down hallways on a 4-wheeled cart.

Mark, fortunately I don't have to deal with refilling on a routine basis.
However, while reading the intro portion of Fred's message, I thought he
was about to suggest filling the inner tube with water, even to the point
of bursting, then slinging it over his shoulder like a bandellero, bandi,
uh, across-the-chest cartridge sling. When empty -- fold it up, store it away.

Since the story didn't end that way, that made me think of the
hiker/bicycler hydrator packpacks that seem to be growing in popularity.
Dunno about how much water they'll hold, though.

-jh-