room keys

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:04:00 +0000

Any other contract techs out there have a hard time getting rooms unlocked?

At Concordia U, there are about 30 pianos. (The count is somewhat fluid....)
The music dept. has been unable (or unwilling) to get me a set of keys to
gain access to the pianos I am to service.  Since I come early in the
morning or late at night to miss the students, faculty and community
programs, I've had to wait for security to come and open up doors.
Fortunately, I set up service by-the-hour, so the U has paid for my waiting
around time.

Finally, I asked if the music dept. and security would be willing to have a
set of keys held at the security desk that I could sign out for my tuning
visits.  Wonder-of-wonders, this worked.  Now, I just check in at security
any time of day or night, and the keys are there.  (Even the keys for the
keyboard locks, too!)

Enjoy bulk tuning season..... (STWY M in vocal studio was at +30 cents
today...oh boy..)

Ron Koval
Chicagoland