emergency travel paper

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:55:04 -0700

At 10:35 AM 6/4/2003 -0600, Roger wrote:
>   The gummed paper will not stick until mother nature has had time to
> work.  You are not meant to wet it.  The advantage of gummed paper it
> stays put if you have to remove the hammer shank etc at a later date.
>Regards Roger

You know, if old-fashioned mucilage glue is still available (remember glass
bottle with the red rubber tip with the slot in it from grade school?), it
should be easy to choose a paper or papers of appropriate thickness, spread
the glue on it, let dry, and then chop to size.

I still have about 1/2 roll of the old brown packing tape, and some old
postage stamp ends and margins. But stamps now are all that self-adhesive
type. My feeling is that the old water-based stickum is more stable over
time, and less likely to fall off when one removes shanks for repinning, etc.

Susan