Sohmer piano

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:35:43 -0500

At 12:44 PM 6/10/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear list,
>Someone is offering to donate a Sohmer Cupid model grand to our school....
>Can anyone offer a ballpark figure on what a piano like this would be worth.
>Dave Forman
>Westminster Choir College of Rider University

Hi Dave!

What it might be worth (appraisal-wise) may well be different from one
locale to another, so the appraisal should probably come from someone in
your neck of the woods (in this area of the country, $10k sounds a bit
steep for a Cupid grand... unless it comes with the bow and a full
compliment of arrows (unused), that is!     :)

That being said, we, as university techs, are out of the loop on these
appraisals.
The IRS forms for such things include a section to be signed by the
appraiser stipulating that s/he has no connection to either the donor or
the recipient.

OTOH, I'd be interested in what the official appraisal turns out to be, if
you'd care to post it to the list_____ just for general information.

Regards,

Alan Crane, RPT
School of Music