Baldwin termination bars

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:32:58 +0200

ED I concur, it certainly soften the attack but keep the tone level,
assuming there is something to voice.

I believe we talked about this before. It works ! But if the zing are
in the strings they will stay present.

The idea ,as explained to me by a friend, is that the back of the
hammer is more responsible for the rebound, while the front packs and
gives attack because of the flex of the shank.

But we may be cautious, this work on the attack if we needle in the
top regions, but the contact with strings is made more on the front
side at forte levels, so too high near the strike one may be cautious
to keep some firmness or the forte will lack brilliance .

With this voicing you feel a definite change in tone when the shank
begin to flex.

Greetings.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.