Baldwin termination bars

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:55:52 -0600

Hi Fred,
              The early termination pieces were made of mild steel., They
had the problem of grooving over a period of time with just the abrasion of
tuning.  Remove them resurface the profile.  Heat to a dull cheery red and
quench in a bucket of water.  Better yet take them to a good
machinist/backsmith, and have him case harden them.
The newer terminations are case hardened, and had a new profile (radius)
plus if you look carefully you will see they are different lengths. so as
to be detuned from the fundamental.

Regards Roger