Let's cut to the chase was Re: Guidelines comments

Bdshull@aol.com Bdshull@aol.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:33:04 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/03 10:55:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu writes:

> I fear that any CAUTerizing certification will come to pass just after
> Council agrees as to what constitutes "rebuilding".
>
> i.e. I ain't holdin' my breath.

Linking the two is frequently done, but unlinking the two would be more
helpful.   The challenges in not just what constitutes rebuilding, but what might
constitute a rebuilding classification, and how it might be tested, are far
greater that that of a CAUT credential.

Besides, a case can be made for the CAUT credential NOT requiring council
approval as another "classification," but instead being the product of the CAUT
Committee working with the Institute Committee to augment existing classes with
more specialized CAUT classes to provide a core CAUT Curriculum which simply
provides certification to those who attend sufficient classes within subject
groupings.  (whew)  In other words, RPT classification, CAUT curriculum
credential.  The CAUT Committee has already submitted an action request to the Board
along these lines, and the board has asked us to develop the proposals
further.  The CAUT Committee is discussing what that curriculum might include, and
welcomes CAUT list contributions.

Bill Shull