Let's cut to the chase was Re: Guidelines comments

Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:44:10 +0200

Wimblees@aol.com wrote

> The concept is very good. But I'm not sure if we need to go through a
> "certification" process to give a CAUT some sort of credibility. I
> think just offering classes on the topics you listed would be enough.
> The ones you listed would be ones I certainly would attend. And I
> wouldn't limit those classes to CAUTS. There are many techs who would
> get a lot out of those kinds of classes, just to deal with large
> public schools and/or churches.
>
> Wim

Again I agree Wim... the concept is very good. But it seems to me that
if one is first going to contrive some certification above the basic
skills required of an RPT, then it should be more along the lines of
what the German Piano Builder's certification implies.

I dont think a series of classes, or small adjustments to ciruculum or
the like is going to enhance an RPT's ability to do the job enough that
it justifies a new title. Just being a member of CAUT show engagement in
the basic issue set involved.

Anyways... the root problem is off in an entirely different direction
anyways.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.