ETD's

David's Email ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:25:23 -0800

Jim,=20

I'm interested in how the Verituner tweeked the tuning like your ear =
would.  What does that mean? =20

David I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Busby=20
  To: davidlovepianos@earthlink.net ; College and University Technicians =

  Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 12:37 PM
  Subject: RE: ETD's

  Ditto what Dave said. I really like the Verituner. Jim Coleman's class =
on ETD's is great if you haven't taken it. The bottom line seems to be; =
any one of the 4 can do whatever you want IF you know how to use them =
and IF you use your aural skills. I've used all but Tunelab. If you're =
into computers and really high tech stuff, try Cybertuner. If you've =
used SAT 1 you'll like the III. It's a workhorse. I recharge mine once a =
month, and I love the DOB feature. AND you can still tweek the numbers. =
I've tuned several pianos with the Verituner and had the SAT side by =
side, and I can say that they agreed on the first tuning (Verituner =
takes in partials on the first tuning) but on the 2nd tuning the =
Verituner tweeked the tuning the way I would have by ear. (Mostly. I =
still check and change some things with the Verituner.=20

  =20

  I know a technician in Cal. that swears he can tune with a Stobocon =
and make it work! (Maybe he can, maybe he can't.)

  =20

  Jim Busby BYU

  =20