ETD's

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:49:12 -0700

David,
=20
            I agree. The SAT III is a great workhorse, lightweight and a
great tool. If I could only have one it would be an SAT III. But, if
your institution can afford two I would consider a Verituner or RCT. Can
one have too many toys???
            As far as weight goes, do you think maybe that's why my
right arm is so much bigger than the left? Could be. <g>
=20
Jim Busby
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
David's Email
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 5:24 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: ETD's
=20
Dave,
=20
I've been considering getting the Verituner but after lifting David
Love's machine, have decided my SAT III is just fine.  If weight isn't a
consideration then "probably" the Verituner will give you a better
tuning.  Side by side comparisons I haven't done but doubt there is
enough difference to overcome the weight issue, for me!
Unisons/Octaves/Stability RULE!   I charge my SAT III about once a
month.  I try to schedule it for every 2 weeks.  The SAT III is smaller
than your SAT I, which you will like.  It doesn't have the bells and
whistles of the Cybertuner or Verituner, but, for me, simple is the
best. =20
=20
David I.
=20
=20
=20
=20
caut@ptg.org <mailto:caut@ptg.org> =20
	Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 8:58 AM
	Subject: ETD's
	=20
	Caut,
	I'm considering buying a new tuner, and I'm looking for advice.
I'm looking at the SAT, Cybertuner, and Verituner. What are your
experiences with these, which do you prefer, and why. I've used an SAT I
for 12 years, and I'm wondering if the newer devices do give a better
tuning.
	=20
	Dave Forman
	Westminster Choir College of Rider University