ETD's

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:41:03 -0700

Vinny, did you change your name??
=20
Jim
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
madelyn mrykalo
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 1:44 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: RE: ETD's
=20
Get the SAT III.

Jim Busby <jim_busby@byu.edu> wrote:=20
Ditto what Dave said. I really like the Verituner. Jim Coleman's class
on ETD's is great if you haven't taken it. The bottom line seems to be;
any one of the 4 can do whatever you want IF you know how to use them
and IF you use your aural skills. I've used all but Tunelab. If you're
into computers and really high tech stuff, try Cybertuner. If you've
used SAT 1 you'll like the III. It's a workhorse. I recharge mine once a
month, and I love the DOB feature. AND you can still tweek the numbers.
I've tuned! several pianos with the Verituner and had the SAT side by
side, and I can say that they agreed on the first tuning (Verituner
takes in partials on the first tuning) but on the 2nd tuning the
Verituner tweeked the t! uning the way I would have by ear. (Mostly. I
still check and change some things with the Verituner.=20
=20
I know a technician in Cal. that swears he can tune with a Stobocon and
make it work! (Maybe he can, maybe he can't...)
=20
Jim Busby BYU
=20