ETD's

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:47:08 -0500

I don't know much about the other ones except what I've heard others=20
say.  But I love my SAT III.  You'd be hard pressed to give me a=20
sufficient reason to trade it for one of the others.  It fits snugly=20
into a small compartment in my rather compact tool case, and will sit=20
almost any place on any piano you need for it to sit.  I'm told the=20
tuning scales (or curves) are now different from earlier models, and=20
you can see this by comparing newly calculated tunings with tunings=20
from the library using the same numbers (the library tunings were=20
calculated on older SATs).  The new tuning has been superior every time=20=

I've compared them.  I love the pitch correction feature, and use it on=20=

maybe half my tunings.

You can have your instruments which have to be charged daily.  I can't=20=

imagine enough difference in tuning quality to make up for the hassle=20
of daily charging.  Today, I tuned 4 pianos after the low battery light=20=

came on.  Probably could have kept on going, but was finished for the=20
day.

Jeff

On Saturday, November 1, 2003, at 11:58 AM, Dave Forman wrote:

> Caut,
>
> I=92m considering buying a new tuner, and I=92m looking for advice. =
I=92m=20
> looking at the SAT, Cybertuner, and Verituner. What are your=20
> experiences with these, which do you prefer, and why. I=91ve used an =
SAT=20
> I for 12 years, and I=92m wondering if the newer devices do give a=20
> better tuning.
>
> =A0
>
> Dave Forman
>
> WestminsterChoirCollegeofRiderUniversity

Jeff Tanner, RPT
School Of Music
University of South Carolina=

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...