piano purchase specs

Jorgensen, Michael L jorge1ml@cmich.edu
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:38:03 -0500

Hi Fred,
     Get help from piano and other faculty immediately who also have a major stake in this.  With them enlist support from the director, chair and dean.  This needs to be done long before any bids are invited.  There is usually a way to make exception to those rules when it comes to aesthetic things like pianos which cannot be reasonably judged solely on some written technical criteria.  Developing a loan/purchase type agreement with a company you approve might also help.
     On a side note, I didn't see my name endorsing those Guidelines.  It should be there, what must I do?  I've been too busy to keep up with much lately.
-Michael Jorgensen  RPT
School of Music
Central Michigan University