PTG tuning test info?

fssturm@unm.edu fssturm@unm.edu
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:46:05 -0700

Hi Ron,
   The "margin for error" in the midrange (C3 to B4) is plus or minus one cent. A
note will be flagged if it is 1.0 or more cents off in either direction. It will be a two
point error if it is 2.0+ cents off, and so forth. Only occasionally have I seen 2
point errors in the temperament area, and I don't remember ever seeing a three
or more point error (in this section. Occasionally in the outer reaches someone
really just misses entirely). Examiners are instructed to use relatively soft blows
when reading and verifying notes, so as not to make this part of the test a
confirmation of stability technique.
Regards,
Fred Sturm