[Experts] Steinway New York vs Hamburg

Serge Harel serge.harel@videotron.ca
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:11:14 -0400

=20
Richard

That would be interesting to hear and play actually.=20
=20
By my guess I make eight NY D with this set-up in five different Concert
Hall, two of them was brand new piano.
One of them five years old has a very bad reputation all pianists refuse
to make concert on the piano. Now it=92s one of the best piano in =
Montr=E9al
in the main concert hall 3000 seats. Chick Corea, Louis Lortie and other
love it. This is proves that good action, good hammer and PTD could make
a big difference. A Stradivarius will sound bad with a bad bow=85
Where are the hammers from exactly... Hamburg factory directs or bought
privately in Europe ?=20
NY Steinway could supply all the Hamburg parts include the action frame.
But for and very important piano I buy 3 sets of hammer head and choice
with the help of some colleagues the best set for this particular piano
with the acoustic of the hall.=20
I got set to sell :>  =20
 and what is the SW curve and ratio ?=20
Sw to the top seal if I feel the piano could take it; ratio 5,5 to 5,3
key ratio 0,5 in bass 0,52 in treble. Geometry could be a challenge.
=20
Serge Harel