Fwd: [Experts] Kranich and Bach grand actions

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:19:29 EST

-------------------------------1069078769
Do some of you want to answer ED. I'm not on pianotech, so could one of you
share this with them. Be sure to tell everyone Ed is not on either list. This
came via "ask the Experts".

Wim

Greetings,
             Ok, ok, you.ve seen the subject matter and you\'re already
rolling your eyes. I have a customer with a 1914 Kranich and Bach grand
approximately six foot in length. As with all K&B\'s it has an action that is toast.
     It is one of these K&B actions with the one piece iron frames where you
have to remove the whippens to remove the key sticks. Its in horrible shape.
     Now you ask why bother? The pins are good, the sound board is great and
the bridges are good and... it has a heavily carved art case in a spectacular
flame mahogany, which also happens to be in good shape. The customer loves
this piano, she even found a print of an old painting with a nearly matching
piano in it.
     So now the point, this customer has money and we are willing to rebuild
the existing action or.... is there someone out there who could build a new
action with conventional whippens, action brackets,etc to replace the old
action. I understand this is nearly an impossible task but perhaps there is someone
who could do such a thing.
I look forward to your responces.

                                 Thank You,
                                              Edward Mastin, RPT