[Experts] Kranich and Bach grand actions

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:27:29 EST

In a message dated 11/17/2003 6:20:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Wimblees@aol.com writes:
  Edward
          Although this piano is an odd ball I've worked on a few that
sound?look/like this one. I don't think it impossible to make a new action for this
piano & if it's that pretty it might be worth it. I think it would be a fun
challenge & not all that diificult. Some new action brakets to lay out new rails
on. Drill for the scale. Calculate acton key ratios. This could be done for a
price. I'd like to hear others weigh in on this for your sake.
  Dale Erwin
  Erwin Piano Restorations
  Modesto, Ca
   209-577-8397

     So now the point, this customer has money and we are willing to rebuild
the existing action or.... is there someone out there who could build a new
action with conventional whippens, action brackets,etc to replace the old
action. I understand this is nearly an impossible task but perhaps there is someone
who could do such a thing.
I look forward to your responces.

                                 Thank You,
                                              Edward Mastin, RPT