[Experts] Kranich and Bach grand actions

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:04:28 -0600

Dale & list,

Before many more responses come in, everyone needs to note that Wim said:

"Be sure to tell everyone Ed is not on either list. This came via "ask
the Experts".

I went back to the original message and found this listed as Ed's address:
<edthetuner@usadatanet.net> so anything sent to either list about this
should also be Cc'd to Ed at that address. Hope I'm correct about this. :-)

Avery

At 10:27 AM 11/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 11/17/2003 6:20:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>Wimblees@aol.com writes:
>   Edward
>
>           Although this piano is an odd ball I've worked on a few that
> sound?look/like this one. I don't think it impossible to make a new
> action for this piano & if it's that pretty it might be worth it. I think
> it would be a fun challenge & not all that diificult. Some new action
> brakets to lay out new rails on. Drill for the scale. Calculate acton key
> ratios. This could be done for a price. I'd like to hear others weigh in
> on this for your sake.
>   Dale Erwin
>   Erwin Piano Restorations
>   Modesto, Ca
>    209-577-8397
>

>      So now the point, this customer has money and we are willing to
> rebuild the existing action or.... is there someone out there who could
> build a new action with conventional whippens, action brackets,etc to
> replace the old action. I understand this is nearly an impossible task
> but perhaps there is someone who could do such a thing.
>I look forward to your responces.
>
>                                  Thank You,
>                                               Edward Mastin, RPT

Avery Todd, RPT