Hexagonal Hammer Shanks

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:42:58 +0100

Jim...and others may correct me where I am wrong here.... but I THINK
that Ron was getting at the more general question of what shape of a
shank yields the most stiffness for same << diameters >>

I dont really see the point in using inertia in this regard myself... I
fail to see the connection between a things moment of inertia, and its
stiffness... Besides there are formulas to do show stiffness for
different shapes rather directly unless I'm mistaken.

RicB