Hexagonal Shanks

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:42:16 +0100

Hi Jim...

No argument as far as I am concerned, I'm simply following along and
posted a couple querries and a comment or two...to whit I am anxiously
awaiting hearing a bit of obsceneties from Stephen in clarifacation :):)

Why whould anyone would get bent out of shape (if indeed anyone is) ??

I agree with Joe G that there's been a bit of talking past each other...
nothing unusual in that.. but beyond that I see no problem brewing here.

If E*I can say that a 10 inch long 1/4 inch round shank is stiffer or
less stiff then a 3/8 inch wide hex shank of same length and same type
of wood then great... I'd just like to know a bit more about how its
done.

Course this is a generalization, and some closely comparible shanks
might break the rule... but just so.

Cheers
RicB