Hammer Shanks

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:53:52 -0600

The question I see is this:  So?

Jim are you trying to prove one type of shank makes the best sound by
testing something besides sound?   The assumption seems to be the
stiffer the shank the better the sound.  Measure the quality of the
sound with good software and good recording equipment.  I bet even RCT's
Pianalyzer will show a tonal difference between shanks (actually I know
it does because I did those tests a year ago).

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls