Customer Relations

James Ellis claviers@nxs.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:44:38 -0500

Wim,

Did I understand you to say that if John Minor had been in private
practice, he should just have quoted a price to the prospect, and let it go
at that?  Perhaps I misunderstood you?

I enjoy being on the CAUT list because I did do college work many years
ago, but I am strictly in private practice now.  I never give a strainger a
price for tuning a piano with a questionable history, especially one that
has a reputation for breaking strings when it has not been tuned for a long
time.  If this person had called me up, asked me to quote a price under
those conditions, and then had the gall to ask me for references, I doubt I
would have been as tactful as John was.

Sincerely, Jim Ellis