Steinway hammers/time

Allen Wright awright440@cinci.rr.com
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 22:48:54 -0400

Don,

Maybe you could enlighten me as to what "The Gasman Cometh" is?

Anyway, humidity control is another topic. Certainly not every environment
is ideal, and we have to work with that.

But I'm curious - have you ever had a set of relatively new Steinway (or any
other) hammers become basically impenetrable almost overnight? Maybe it's
not related to humidity swings at all, I really don't know.

Allen