Steinway "pinning" dilemma

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:55:19 -0600

>Hi Fred,

                  4gms of friction seems to be the optimum for tone
production, as it keeps the knuckle firmly in contact with the
balancier.   I usually demonstrate the effects of friction in my Prelude to
Voicing classes.   There is usually a lot of slack jawed experienced techs,
at the end of the demonstration.

Regards Roger.