buzzing capo

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:50:44 +0000

<snip>
This is the buzzing
that goes away when you put your finger on the front duplex section.
Just hoping I may hear something new (hoping not to hear a buzz).  I
appreciate any new suggestions, I am so worn out!

Lance Lafargue, RPT
<snip>

Lance, with the clue of making the noise go away when you touch the front
duplex, I'd recommend doing something there!  It doesn't sound like you want
to reshape and re-dress the capo, (that's probably the real problem) so try
adding something that reduces the noise without killing the sound.  I had
real good luck braiding some embroidery thread through the strings.  Some
people add glue drops, but I prefer to do something that is easily reversed.
  Start with a thick thread, try yarn, vary the thickness untill you find a
good balance.  Let us know if you find something that works.

Ron Koval
Concordia U.

Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today!
https://broadband.msn.com