buzzing capo

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:41:03 -0500

Thanks to all of you.....  I did push up on all strings at the V bar
with a tool (not a wide tool like the agraffe suggestion to keep them
all level) then leveled them.
Question: Does "dressing" mean smoothing string marks?  Or actually
adding a sharper curvature/edge?

Also, this is a brand new piano and the zinging exists in much of the
section, not just one or two notes, so, some of the suggestions would
take several hours.  Ed, voicing on the V side of the hammer didn't
work.  I'm needling everywhere in desperation now.

I have woven felt in the V section, but always weakened the volume/high
end.  I have not tried thinner yarn, though, nor have I tried sliding it
back and forth.  I just can't believe this is the only answer on a nice
new piano, but I'm open to anything at this point.  I have tried drops
of glue in the past, but this, I think, requires more.  Thanks
again......

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS
New Orleans Chapter, PTG