piano class

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:17:03 -0700

=20
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 10:54 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: piano class
=20
In a message dated 10/27/03 11:21:59 AM Central Standard Time,
jim_busby@byu.edu writes:

I hate to say I told you so, but...

 =20

When we first started talking about a course I stated that it was a
long, sometimes difficult process with many possible snags and you
seemed to be a little short with me and then listed the lengthy
"process" of getting a class on the roster. If you didn't listen to me
then, please listen now. The way to get a course approved is to secure
the highest ranking tenured person you can to champion the cause.
Period. If you do that, then your chances are pretty good. You, of all
people should know the game of politics involved. I'm your friend, not
your adversary. This is one thing I do have experience in. =20

Good luck,

Jim Busby BYU

Jim

Thank you for the valued advice, and I thought I took it. I did talk to
the highest ranking graduate professor. She is a piano professor who's
been in this department since 1953. How "high" can you get? When I
talked to her about the course, she said it was a great idea. I also
discussed it with several other professors, including all of the other
piano professors, and they all thought it was a great idea. But maybe
that's the side of college politics I don't understand yet.=20

Any way, I'm going to try again, and discuss it with each one of them
again. But I would like to have some figures to back me up this time.

Wim=20