Boston 118s

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:27:31 +0000

Hi all,

Any one have any experience with the Boston upright 118s?  It's probably a
little late now, but I've got one in a high school choir room that gets a
ton of use.  They just got it last summer and are really unhappy about the
lack of power.  They aren't really happy with the tuning instability, and
loose clicking parts, but it's pretty dry now, and it IS a new piano.  I'll
be seeing it Thursday, the dealer tech was out last week, and I'm supposed
to talk with the dealer after I've been there.

It's been played in, and voiced a few times by the dealer tech.  The player
told me the voicing helped a little, for about a week.  They say it plays
like it has a cold - just no tone at all.  They think it might be fine for a
living room, but just doesn't seem to cut it for institutional use.

So.... any hints what to try?  I should get a chance to talk with the dealer
tech tonite.

And... Any clue how these hold up to heavy use?  Their tall Kawai did great,
for about 20+ years.  This year, the district was buying Bostons.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up
Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/