power strip for a university

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:51:36 -0500

Hello list,

I have a music department who is "under attack" from the school's fire =
department related to our product in a number of pianos.  The bottom =
line is that the fire marshal has requested that multiple dehumidifiers =
connect to the Humidistat via a "power strip", rather than a series of =
Add-An-Outlets or a three way adaptor.  I thought this would be easy but =
my search and that of our purchasing agent have only turned up power =
strips with a grounded plug.  Our Humidistat won't accept the ground =
pin.  Has anyone ran into this before and found a solution?  Any help =
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger