power strip for a university

Jerry Cohen emailforjc@yahoo.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:49:37 -0500

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Roger Wheelock
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 11:52 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: power strip for a university
=20
Hello list,
=20
I have a music department who is "under attack" from the school's fire
department related to our product in a number of pianos.  The bottom
line is that the fire marshal has requested that multiple dehumidifiers
connect to the Humidistat via a "power strip", rather than a series of
Add-An-Outlets or a three way adaptor.  I thought this would be easy but
my search and that of our purchasing agent have only turned up power
strips with a grounded plug.  Our Humidistat won't accept the ground
pin.  Has anyone ran into this before and found a solution?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
=20
Thanks,
=20