power strip for a university

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:22:23 -0500

Hello Jerry,

Sorry for the slow reply.  We are going to try a junction box on the =
inside of the piano.

There is not a current limiting device on the Humidistat.  In this way =
it is similar to a computer and would require a surge suppressor.

Thanks,

Roger
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jerry Cohen=20
  To: 'College and University Technicians'=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 1:49 PM
  Subject: RE: power strip for a university

  Roger,

  =20

  Assuming the fire marshal's issue is not with the lack of 3 wire power =
connectors, perhaps he is concerned with protection from a short circuit =
within one of the heaters or wiring. An outlet strip would have its own =
fuse or circuit breaker.

  =20

  If this is true, why not use a 3 wire outlet strip, together with a 3 =
to 2 prong adapter which plugs into the humidistat?

  =20

  BTW, doesn't the humidistat already have its own current limiting =
device for protection?

  =20

  Regards,

  =20