piano purchase

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:50:36 +0100

Fred Sturm wrote:

> ... For those curious, we decided on 3 Yamaha P-22's
> and a Petrof 131. A lot of trouble for 4 uprights, but worthwhile over
> the long haul, I think, in establishing a process. Next year we'll enter
> the realm of grands, and it will start to matter more.
> Regards,
> Fred Sturm
> University of New Mexico

Fred... I'd love to keep posted on how the Petrof holds up in comparison
to the Yamahas. Petrof, which basically has a nice sound, has a real bad
reputation over here for lots of shody workmanship... but these past few
years have made a marked improvement in their quality control. So it
would be interesting to hear how you feel one of their new instruments
hold up under hard use.

Cheers
RicB