FW: Bluthner rebuild

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:47:07 -0600

To follow up with those of you who helped regarding my Bluthner action
questions; the owner of the 6'3" piano in question declined my original
offer, and for the moment, I haven't considered raising it.

Meanwhile a valued colleague sent me the following link (pasted below) for
curiousity.

The rebuilder's site is www.luxurypainos.com Their work appears exquisite,
and I find their perspective on German pianos and restoration, quite
interesting.

Fitting new actions/keyboards to vintage German pianos is part of what they
do, however, they also rebuild original actions with new parts.  I am
looking forward to correspondance with them.

FYI and thanks!

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

Dear Mark,
I found this 1890s rebuilt Blüthner offered for sale on eBay.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3705942995&ssPageName=ADM
E:B:SS:CA:1

Notice that a new Renner action has been installed, and it looks like a
brand new keyboard has been made as well.