pin block questions

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:17:25

Hi Roger,

If the piano is standing in tune then the pins are tight enough. I do think
that the back side system will take much longer to have a "effect" on the
pin block than the front side systems. I've only installed one backside
system--but it took much longer to see any pinblock effects on that unit.
The piano I did had no "holes" thru the soundboard to allow the moisture
thru it.

I am also seeing pinblock effects (improvements) in grand pianos with
bottom covers.

I do use a cover from the very top of the piano to the very bottom--not
just enclosing the sound board areas.

At 03:54 PM 2/23/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>   Hi List,          Thank you in  advance for any help.   Roger

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.
REGINA, SK