Client database

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:39:38 -0500

Hi all,
I have some questions about client management software.  Since I have a
fairly small private clientele, it isn't worth spending a fortune on
database software, so we're trying to keep this as cheap as possible.
My wife is trying to set something up so that she can help me manage my
private customers (I am a terrible secretary).  I've been using index
cards so far, but there's no way for me to put all the information I
know about a customer on index cards that she would need.  We have
Microsoft Access which was a part of the software already installed on
our computer, and she also has Publisher '97, which interfaces somehow
with Access, in doing mailing labels, etc.

Neither of us are computer gurus, and she is much more familiar with
the PC softwares, while I am more familiar with the Macintosh softwares
on this computer at the school.

Are any of you using Access, and if so have you developed a client
record template you are satisfied with?

Are the templates transferrable? (emailable)  How does that work?

Unless you feel this is good fodder for the list, you can feel free to
email me privately.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Jeff Tanner, RPT