Client database

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:14:58 -0500

Jeff,
         What version of Access are you using? I believe that the last 2=20
version at least had a general template that you could use to create a=20
service database. If not I can send you a copy of the one I had been=20
playing with or even of the template so that you can create your own. Let=20
me know.

Best,
Greg Newell

At 01:39 PM 2/24/2004, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have some questions about client management software.  Since I have a=20
>fairly small private clientele, it isn't worth spending a fortune on=20
>database software, so we're trying to keep this as cheap as possible.
>My wife is trying to set something up so that she can help me manage my=20
>private customers (I am a terrible secretary).  I've been using index=20
>cards so far, but there's no way for me to put all the information I know=
=20
>about a customer on index cards that she would need.  We have Microsoft=20
>Access which was a part of the software already installed on our computer,=
=20
>and she also has Publisher '97, which interfaces somehow with Access, in=20
>doing mailing labels, etc.
>
>Neither of us are computer gurus, and she is much more familiar with the=20
>PC softwares, while I am more familiar with the Macintosh softwares on=20
>this computer at the school.
>
>Are any of you using Access, and if so have you developed a client record=
=20
>template you are satisfied with?
>
>Are the templates transferrable? (emailable)  How does that work?
>
>Unless you feel this is good fodder for the list, you can feel free to=20
>email me privately.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jeff
>Jeff Tanner, RPT