Client database

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:04:31 -0800

Hi Jeff,
I have been using Ken Hale's program PianoDB95 (which will work with Access
2000 even though it was designed for Win 95) for years. It has more than you
will ever need. And it works. Easy to use. Easy to customize. I changed it a
lot to use here at the university. There is a lot of stuff in it that I have
never used, but it doesn't matter. You can ignore it, or take anything out
of the tab order. You can delete things you don't like. As with any Access
database you can import it into a Pocket PC. I use SprintDB on my Dell Axim
for my database. When I have needed assistance, especially at the beginning
when I needed to import data from my old database into this one, Ken was
exceedingly helpful. It sells for $95. Check it out at this site:

http://www.dcalcoda.com/pianodb/pianodbhome.html

Alan
Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
509-359-4627
amccoy@mail.ewu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Jeff
Tanner
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 10:40 AM
To: College Technicians
Subject: Client database

Hi all,
I have some questions about client management software.  Since I have a
fairly small private clientele, it isn't worth spending a fortune on
database software, so we're trying to keep this as cheap as possible.
My wife is trying to set something up so that she can help me manage my
private customers (I am a terrible secretary).  I've been using index cards
so far, but there's no way for me to put all the information I know about a
customer on index cards that she would need.  We have Microsoft Access which
was a part of the software already installed on our computer, and she also
has Publisher '97, which interfaces somehow with Access, in doing mailing
labels, etc.

Neither of us are computer gurus, and she is much more familiar with the PC
softwares, while I am more familiar with the Macintosh softwares on this
computer at the school.

Are any of you using Access, and if so have you developed a client record
template you are satisfied with?

Are the templates transferrable? (emailable)  How does that work?

Unless you feel this is good fodder for the list, you can feel free to email
me privately.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Jeff Tanner, RPT