OT: Client database (Features & Power)

Dafydd Llwyd Talcott 75711.1537@compuserve.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:22:24 -0500

Troops--

Since I myself am also seeking a good database program,
I'd like to share my own experience regarding another useful
and superbly designed file-management system that indeed
has "features and power" below the surface.

It is Windows Commander, by Christian Ghisler [http://www.ghisler.com].
For a small program -- originally issued on a single floppy --
this contains an astonishing number of features: Moving and
deleting files, making folders, Zipping and Unzipping files
(three formats as well as Pkzip), splitting large files to fit on floppy
discs (for those who do not have CD recorders).

Ghisler has taken the good features of many earlier programs
such as Norton Utilities, Xtree Gold and a few others, and
provided a user-friendly graphical interface; operations may
be done by EITHER mouse or keyboard. Once having discovered
Commander I've never used Microsoft's onboard file management.

Try it, you'll like it.

Back to our regular program...

Dave Talcott
Lurker