Baldwin ST Problem

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:35:28

Hi Dave,

Many older techs fear damppchaser systems. Pretty much anywhere in the
world your clients will be "money ahead" with installing a DamppChaser
humidity control system. It will cost the client a bit more now--but save
them hundreds of dollars in tuning fees.

Have a look at my web site for the article called "Fine Tuning the
Environment for Pianos".

Also have a look here:

http://www.dampp-chaser.com/

At 08:15 PM 06/07/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Collective Wisdom--
>
>Over the past few months I have been working on a friend's smallish
>grand, a Baldwin model ST. The thing is in almost perfect physical
>shape except for the strings, which were rusted and many broken.
>I have two small questions for the group:
>
>1.  When I questioned my mentor, a longtime local piano tech, about
>installing
>a Dampp-Chaser system, his instant response was "No way; not in this area!"
>We are in the San Francisco Bay Area

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.
REGINA, SK