Filling CAPstan Holes

Brad Smith brad@smithpiano.com
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:46:25 -0400

I'm also a big fan of Wood Rebuilder.
Be aware that it does have a shelf life, which can be extended if you keep
the liquid stuff in a cool place.
I had some from a few years ago, did some gap filling on a set of keys, and
it wouldn't ever dry.

Web told me he keeps it in the fridge.
My wife thinks I've finally lost it, after she discovered my Wood Rebuilder
in the produce drawer.

Best regards,

Brad Smith, RPT
Smith Piano Services
800-964-TUNE (8863) Toll Free
603-625-4696 in New Hampshire
483 Donald Street
Bedford, NH 03110
brad@smithpiano.com
www.smithpiano.com

  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
dltassinpiano@juno.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 5:59 PM
  To: caut@ptg.org
  Subject: Filling CAPstan Holes

  Tom,

  One of the BEST fillers I've found and have been using it successfully for
a long time is
  Webb Phillips'  WOOD  REBUILDER.   It most likely is a about the same
  as the West System stuff.   But, Webb's "stuff" drys just like wood, but
  harder.  Meaning,  you can drill it, tap it, and then insert your capstan.

  Or, when I was in a hurry,  I'd  drill it and insert the capstan.  The
"Wood
  Rebuilder" will allow you to do this and it  WON'T  peel - shrink - break
, etc.
  It's  WONDERFUL  "stuff."     It's  VERY flexable in it's many uses.
  ( just don't use it in a closed room -- you'll get too high.)  Ha !!

  Try it once, and you'll be  "HOOKED"  on it for  MANY  uses.
  Give Webb a call.   He'll tell you all about it.  I can't say enough about
it.
  It's SUPER !!

                                  ( this has been an  UN-paid
 announcement )