stolen tools - security

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:08:41 -0600

Hi all,
	Having arrived this morning to find about $500 worth of tools missing from
my "workshop" (a lovely, tiny, windowless practice room), I wonder what
steps others take to achieve relative security for valuables.
	FWIW, my own "security" consists of a locked door - which can be unlocked
by the master key only - and the fact that the practice room area is
accessible only via a card-reader. Obvious suspicion focuses on maintenance
personnel. I'm thinking along the lines of some sort of padlocked cabinet
for tools, but would like to benefit from the experience of others.
Thanks,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico