Moving knuckles

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:52:54 -0700

Hi folks,

I have a situation here where instead of replacing shanks, I am going to use
the not-so-old shanks and move the knuckles out to 17mm. The knuckles are
really not all that worn so instead of band sawing them off I am thinking of
just pulling them off and moving them (if that diameter will work in the new
position). Then I'll glue in a piece of hardwood to fill the old slot and
cut a new slot. I'm thinking that I'd prefer routing out the new slot but
I'd like to hear some thoughts from others who have done this operation
before.

Thanks.

Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington U