scam messages -- caut related?

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:26:20 -0700

For the last week or so, I've been getting tons of varied email trying to
get me to send my account number in order to collect money from Nigeria,
Lagos, other places in Africa, etc. I've seen these for years, but suddenly
some network of these foreign scamsters has hold of my email address and is
really laying in the volume.

Usually, (LUCKILY) spam seems to pass me by -- possibly because peak.org
has good filters.

Has anyone else here experienced this? If a lot of us have, could someone
have hacked into the caut email address list? (Hopefully not ...) If caut
doesn't seem to be involved, I'll start forwarding the messages to
peak.org, and maybe they can figure it out.

Susan Kline