Mobile workbench ideas

Brad Smith brad@smithpiano.com
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:41:16 -0400

Thanks Everyone,
Yes, it looks like another job for.....obsessive-compulsive man!
I'll post a link when I get it designed.

I'll make the top into a removable action carrying box, which can attach to
the bench.
Then, there will be lengthwise shelves to hold dissembled keys, action
stack, etc.

The idea is that I can wheel the whole thing into my van, while the work is
in progress.
I've even fantasized that I could get some time in during the day if am
between appointments with 1/2 hr to spare, by
having the bench accessible in the van; just like a locksmith or appliance
repair person.

I've seen some mobile workbenches and mobile cabinets online, but none are
long enough for an action.
Also, they are very expensive.

I liked the action regulating table I saw in Nashville, but at nearly $2K,
it was not worth it to me.

Thanks for the input.

Brad Smith