getting the yellow out.

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 06:40:09 EDT

Go to any chemical supply store and purchase 35% hydrogen peroxide by the
gallon. Depending upon the amt. of ivory bleaching you do, it should last you
approximately 4-5 yrs. I pay approx. $4 for the gallon.
Put the peroxide in a small spray bottle and be extremely careful not to  get
it on your skin as it will burn anything and everything within seconds.
Where heavy rubber gloves while handling the spray bottle as overspray can be
very harmful.
Here in S. Florida we have a tremendous amt. of sun exposure so the
bleaching is done outside with applications of peroxide applied about 2x/ hr. It
doesn't hurt to steel wool the heads between every so many applications to get
the dried remnants off of the keytops. A day or so of bleaching, followed by a
nice buffing will yield nice, cleaning looking ivories.
Tom Servinsky