hot hide glue wash

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:35:54 -0700

At 10:16 PM 6/4/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I suppose it does matter how much you use. I have tried to remove bushings
>installed with white glue. Cursed the whole job through. What a mess.
>Never did get it all off but enough, I reasoned to make the new ones
>successful.
>
>Greg Newell

Somebody must have really smeared the stuff in there. It's the big globs of
white glue which are hard to remove. I put an even but thin ribbon on the
bushing itself, and then use Bill Spurlock's cauls. By the time the wood
absorbs some and the bushing absorbs some, there shouldn't be any left to
squeeze out and make a mess. Actually, I found that the time I tried the
hot hide glue it wicked into the cloth worse than the Elmer's. No doubt the
hot hide glue  was the wrong consistency and I probably used too much.

Susan Kline