Wurzen hammer update

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:02:45 EDT

List,
Just finished my 5th installation of Wurzen hammers on a 1977 Mason & Hamlin
A. By far, the most incredible set of Wurzen/Ronsen hammers I have
experienced. After doing a fine regulation and moderate needling, the piano grew 2-3 feet
in length. No kidding, the bass on this bass ranked with any 9ft properly
voiced piano. I know it's hard to imagine. The quality of tone was absolutely
pure, beautiful, clear, and full of color, with a ffff that rattled the windows.
All of this with absolutely no percussive, noisy, harsh sounds....and no
hardeners.
The owner is a well, respected piano teacher in the area. Her inspection
piece was one of the Chopin Ballads. Half way through the piece I saw a tear drop
down from her cheek, from that point, I lost it and teared-up as well. By the
end of the piece, she stood up from the piano and was completely incapable of
voicing any words and just sobbed. From the faintest ppp to the full out
fffff, the dynamic range on these hammers is still hard to believe.
What a testament to a job well done.  Thank you, thank you Ray Negron and
Ronsen Co, for making such a great hammer available to our industry. Wurzen felt
rules!!!
Tom Servinsky