Wurzen hammer update

Garret E. Traylor gtraylor@northstate.net
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:52:33 -0400

Hi Tom,
Saw your post and wanted to fire you off a Howdy!  Hope you are doing
alright.  I'll have to try a set of the Wurzen hammers after that wonderful
testimonial.
Kindest Regards,
Garret Traylor
  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Tompiano@aol.com
  Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 7:03 PM
  To: caut@ptg.org
  Subject: Wurzen hammer update

  List,
  Just finished my 5th installation of Wurzen hammers on a 1977 Mason &
Hamlin A. By far, the most incredible set of Wurzen/Ronsen hammers I have
experienced. After doing a fine regulation and moderate needling, the piano
grew 2-3 feet in length. No kidding, the bass on this bass ranked with any
9ft properly voiced piano. I know it's hard to imagine. The quality of tone
was absolutely pure, beautiful, clear, and full of color, with a ffff that
rattled the windows. All of this with absolutely no percussive, noisy, harsh
sounds....and no hardeners.
  The owner is a well, respected piano teacher in the area. Her inspection
piece was one of the Chopin Ballads. Half way through the piece I saw a tear
drop down from her cheek, from that point, I lost it and teared-up as well.
By the end of the piece, she stood up from the piano and was completely
incapable of voicing any words and just sobbed. From the faintest ppp to the
full out fffff, the dynamic range on these hammers is still hard to believe.
  What a testament to a job well done.  Thank you, thank you Ray Negron and
Ronsen Co, for making such a great hammer available to our industry. Wurzen
felt rules!!!
  Tom Servinsky