proposal 12

Chris Solliday solliday@ptd.net
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:27:07 -0400

Friends,=20
if you are a delegate to Council at Nashville please keep an open mind =
regarding Proposal 12. It will be discussed and amended. This bylaw =
change can only help our organization to maintain our minimum standard =
through the RPT testing procedure. It will add value to our membership. =
It will encourage technicians to learn enough to pass the tests.  And =
finally it will provide the CLEAR representation of the RPT brand to the =
public so that we can develop an effective plan for marketing PTG =
standards.=20
With amendment it will not hurt anyone and will be inclusive. If you are =
a delegate please consider this. If you are not, but know one, please =
ask them to consider this and keep an open mind. During the last 20 plus =
years we have addressed this issue with at least two long range planning =
committees, two membership restructuring committees one of which became =
dysfunctional with an equal and opposite conclusion, and a host of other =
less formal attempts. The problem will no go away unless we find the =
solution.  We need to accomplish this now so that we can all move =
forward together. Twenty years of haggling should be enough. Continued =
divisiveness only holds us back. The clear representation of our minimum =
standard is what the public wants from us. It is the foundation from =
which all our educational brochures and other materials will make sense =
to them. Proposal 12 will work.
 Please help fix this.
 Thank you,
 Chris Solliday